There is a whole host of activities within easy reach of The Priory Inn.
- The Cotswold Water Park is 10 minutes drive away where you can learn watersports, hire bikes or boats and ride or row around the lakes or just enjoy the playgrounds and children’s beach.
Tel: 01285868096 Postcode: GL7 6FJ
- Thistledown Environmental Centre set in 70 glorious acres of Cotswold countryside offering visitors a great day out to experience beautifully managed natural environments, wildlife, historical features, sculpture, art and rural crafts, and farm animals – 20 minutes drive.
Tel: 01453860420 Postcode: GL10 3UH
- The Cotswold Farm Park is the home of rare breed conservation and is a great day out for the whole family with tractor rides, demonstrations and indoor and outdoor animals. The park is found at Guiting Power, near Cheltenham and is worth checking on opening times – it is a 50 minute drive (but worth it!)
Tel: 01451850307 Postcode: GL54 5UG
- The Cotswold Wildlife Park Just south of Burford in Oxfordshire (45 minute drive) and again worth the trip. Set in really beautiful gardens and 160 acres of parkland there are stacks of things to do for all ages for a whole day out. The park is open all year round and offers many different activities, depending on the time of year – a single gauge railway takes you around the park, there is a children’s small animal area as well as white rhino, camels, zebras, penguins, some big cats, ice-creams and a playground.
Tel: 01993 823006 Postcode: OX18 4JP
- Cotswold Falconry Centre Just next to Batsford Arboretum in Moreton-in-Marsh (approx 40 mins drive), the centre is a great day out and the kids love it! Flying displays every day in the summer showing off their magnificent owls, hawks, vultures and eagles. A really worthwhile trip.
Tel: 01386 701043 Postcode: GL56 9AB
- Bibury Trout Farm is one of the places that we buy trout for our menus. Founded in 1902, it is a most attractive and family-friendly farm in the delightful village of Bibury. It is primarily a working farm, breeding and rearing high quality trout for restocking angling waters. There is a gift shop, fish counter, delicatessen, picnic and play areas, you can feed the fish and there is even a ‘catch your own’ fishery – a recommended family day out.
Tel: 01285740215 Postcode: GL7 5NL